In Awareness Through Movement ® ( ATM ) classes, people engage in precisely structured movement explorations that involve thinking, sensing, moving, and imagining. Many are based on developmental movements and ordinary functional activities. The classes consist of comfortable, easy movements that gradually evolve into movements of greater range and complexity.
The video below shows some of the "what's" and "why's" of an Awareness Through Movement class.
How ATM can benefit you:
- Relieve muscular tension and pain
- Enhance your athletic performance
- Improve balance, posture, and coordination
- Improve flexibility
- Increase movement efficiency
- Enhance creativity
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Speed up recovery from injury